Sunday, August 28, 2016

Character Rigging


For this post, I had to search job positions Character setup artist (rigging). Likewise, I found a good position in a game company NaughtyDog and the requirements for the jobs are here:

__

Character TD/Rigger

Responsibilities
Design, create, test and maintain character rigs/setups
Work with the modelers to create a model that meets technical needs
Collaborate with animators to design motion controls
Develop and maintain character motion and deformation systems
Develop secondary dynamics systems
Develop new techniques and processes to solve character production challenges
Capable of writing pipeline tools to streamline the setup process
Work with production management to prioritize tasks
Requirements & Skills
In depth knowledge of Maya, preferably 3+ years of production experience. No cross training available due to the timeframe
Strong understanding of both Figure and Facial Anatomy
Complex character/vehicle rigging experience in Maya in film/broadcast or games environments
MEL, Python
Experience with setting up production pipelines while being able to follow guidelines
The ability to support himself and take initiative
Bonus Skills
C++ experience
Email your resume or contact us about this position here: jobs@naughtydog.com
__
Fortunately, I could work for this company with the skills that I learned in the class of Character Rigging. However, I do not have the skills level to create a production level rigging, and I do not have the correct knowledge of MEL and Python language in Maya yet. In my opinion, if I want to apply for a job as a character setup artist, I should study and practice more the tools, language, and techniques for rigging. I think like that because I really sure that the companies try to find the best option for the job position, and it is better to prepare with the correct level of knowledge for any job position.








No comments:

Post a Comment